CONCURRENT ENROLLMENT STATISTICS
This Fall 2019 semester, Innovations had 64 students take 136 SLCC concurrent enrollment courses. That averages to just over two courses per student. Of those,
- 126 passed, 4 failed, 1 withdrew, 5 grades pending
That gives them a 97% completion rate! Their average GPA was 3.49. Here is the grade breakdown:
- 80 A’s
- 33 B’s
- 12 C’s
- 1 D
- 4 F’s
These results are incredible. Thanks, everyone for your great work mentoring and supporting our students!
INNOVATIONS SCHOLARS PROGRAM APPLICATION
The Innovations Scholars Program was created to help students pay for concurrent enrollment costs:
- Tuition (up to $50)
- Books (up to $350)
- Supplies (up to $100)
The amount paid, up to $500, is based upon the syllabi of each class. Students must apply every semester.
- All applications must be submitted to the office. Check with your mentor or the counselor for dates.
- Applications will be located in the main office.
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Passing grades in each concurrent class. Failing grades will result in being ineligible for future scholarships.
- Minimum of 90% attendance at Innovations is required. You are still a high school student even if you have college classes. Print and attach proof of attendance.
- Minimum of 8 hours of community service. Attach documentation of community service hours to this application. You can volunteer in many places. Ask the counselor if you need ideas or clarification.
- Books and supplies from this scholarship are the property of Innovations. Books are to be returned to the Innovations Office at the end of the semester. If books are lost or damaged students will be responsible for the replacement cost of the book.
Application forms can be found https://innovations.slcschools.org/students/innovations-concurrent-enrollment-scholarship/.
APPLYING FOR CONCURRENT ENROLLMENT
- Click on the picture that says “ADMISSION only once”
- It will take you to this page, and from here, you will fill out the application.
- Make sure you filled out the forms and paid the $40 admission fee.
- Set up a meeting with your counselor.
- Note: It usually takes 2-4 business days after you have filled the application (and paid the fee) for the counselor to get your student id number (S number). Make sure to schedule an appointment a few days after you have completed your application.
- To schedule an appointment with Nicole, go to calendly.com/nicole-kioa
- Still, have questions? Feel free to email Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org